IPTV Network Requirements
To be suitable for Klicktv IPTV operation, your data network must meet the following requirements:
- Backbone bandwidth requirement is calculated as the number of channels streamed x bandwidth per channel. Typically SD channels are streamed at 4 Mbps each.eg for 12 SD channels the total bandwidth requirement on the backbone is 12x4= 48Mbps. For HD streams multiple by a factor of 2.5 - 3.0.
- At least one network switch is required to have IGMP Querier functionality.
- All switches must be multicast enabled- IGMP V2 capability.
- All switches must be capable of using PIM (Sparse & Dense mode) if VLAN routing is to be implemented.
- The network equipment should be capable of running QoS if other traffic on the network is likely to threaten the real time delivery of the IPTV data streams.
- Static IP addresses are preferred for the IPTV equipment.