IPTV equipment prices and systems
A complete IPTV system package from Klicktv supplied preconfigured and tested ready to plug in to your existing Cat5 cabling provides all the benefits of IPTV in a self contained solution operating alongside but independently of your existing data network. The system is installed easily by non specialized personnel. If you decide in the future to integrate the system into your existing network, your entire investment is rolled over into the integrated solution.
- Uses existing Cat5e or Cat 6 cabling
- Capacity for hundreds of TV and video sources
- Unlimited number of TV viewing points
- Broadcast picture quality consistent across all viewing points
- Quick, straightforward installation by non specialized personnel
- Managerial control of individual access to channels
- Small (15 cm) IPTV receiver with IR remote control
- Central control to override local TV screen channel selection
- Office moves and changes become simple, quick and non technical
- Highly modular and readily expandable at any stage
- Space saving professional equipment installation
- High Definition TV (HDTV) upgradeable
- Industry standards based
- With the addition of a Digital Signage Player, TV screens are able to display a “signage” channel with customized sequence of static, dynamic or cycling content as a practical and flexible medium for dissemination of information, marketing and projection of corporate image.
- Add full Video On Demand functionality to provide access to a library of prerecorded content (training, reference, entertainment) accessible via the TV remote control.
- Select POE (Power over Ethernet) for IPTV receivers which do not need external power
Preconfigured systems are supplied complete with their own network equipment and full instructions. All that is needed are the signal sources you wish to make available – an aerial feed for Digital Terrestrial TV channels (Freeview), Sky Set Top Boxes for Sky channels, a satellite signal for other satellite channels or a DVD player for prerecorded content. Assistance with all aspects of installation is available should it be needed.
IPTV system prices
With such a wide range of equipment and options, IPTV system prices are highly dependent on customers’ specific requirements. The following prices are intended to give a rough indication of the scale of investment required for an IPTV system.
- MPEG2 IP encoder - creates a single TV channel on your data network from the output of a satellite receiver, Freeview receiver, DVD player etc - £1500 each
- Digital Terrestrial TV gateway - loads all Freeview TV and radio channels (currently 60-70 Free To Air channels) onto your data network - £8300 each
- IPTV receiver – one required per TV - from £225 each
- PC viewing software license – one required per PC - from £20 each
Quantity discounts apply to all the above prices which are ex VAT.
To find out how much your specific IPTV system package would cost, simply work out…
- A list of the channels or sources you wish to distribute
- The number of TV and PC viewing points.
…then call us on 0845 22 66 475 with this information for a price.
At the end of the day, the true cost of an IPTV system to any organization can only be determined through a cost/ benefit analysis which takes into account the value of the benefits of IPTV as they apply to that organization:
- provision of timely information - breaking news, briefings
- workflow benefits from integrated user systems
- managerial control of individual viewing
- reduced costs of training and compliance
- reduced cost of simplified office reorganizations
- flexibility - the ability to expand, reconfigure and make changes
- reduced power consumption
- space saving
- Quality viewing experience and choice
- projection of company image, marketing and promotion
- Video and Demand and pay per view
- future proofing