HDMI Cat5 8x8 switch matrix - HSC88
8 x 8 switch for HD TV distribution over UTP (CAT5e/6) cable
- Switches 8 x HDMI inputs independently to 8 x HDMI over UTP (Cat5e/Cat6) outputs
- 8 x HDMI outputs which mirror the 8x UTP outputs
- HDMI V1.3b compliant.
- HDCP compliant.
- Support for 1080p, 1080i, 720p and other standard video formats
- Each port supports HDMI or DVI inputs
- Five switching modes: panel buttons, local IR, IR from viewing point, RS485 and Ethernet
- 8 x IR emitters supplied for routed IR control of source devices from the viewing point
- Key locking facility to prevent accidental operation.
- Standard 1U x 19” enclosure.
- EDID self learning facility.
- Supports 1080p up to 40M (optional in line repeater available for distances up to 100M)
- Uses industry standard wiring IEEE-568B.
- Supports single and dual UTP- Cat5e/Cat6 receivers (purchased separately)
- No adjustments required for equalization / cable length.
The HSC88 is a compact, high performance switch matrix for the distribution of HD TV up to 40M over UTP (Cat 5e/ Cat 6) cabling infrastructure. Distances up to 80M can be achieved with the use of optional repeater units. The unit has mirrored UTP and HDMI outputs. If both UTP and standard HDMI outputs are fully used, the number of total number of outputs is 16.
Any source (Blue Ray player, HD satellite receiver, HD Freeview receiver, video server, game system) can be viewed independently via any of the eight output ports regardless of whether the source is HDCP protected or not - all eight outputs can show the same or different sources. The HSC88 has been specifically designed to address the issue of drop out during channel changeover resulting in smooth channel changes with little or no delay.
The HD110528 offers an ideal solution for advanced home entertainment systems or commercial applications where it is required to share resources, save space, maximize security, eliminate noise, reduce cabling and optimize aesthetic appeal by having nothing more than a TV display screen on view.
The switch is used in conjunction with either dual UTP HDMI receivers (HSC1D) or single UTP receivers (HSC1S) available separately. The dual UTP receiver features IR pass-through facilitating IR control of the selected source from the viewing point. Both receiver models require local power.
The HSC88 is supplied with a single IR remote control handset and additional handsets can be purchased separately. Alternatively, Klicktv can supply multifunction handsets preconfigured to control the switch matrix, your source equipment and TV display eliminating the need for multiple remote control handsets.