IPTV products from Exterity
Exterity Ltd manufactures a comprehensive range of IPTV products which can be used individually or built into a single vendor end-to-end IPTV distribution solution with guaranteed interoperability of all components. The products are robust, secure Linux based appliances which integrate seamlessly to produce reliable, easy to use TV streaming solutions for the distribution of live TV and video over a data network, LAN or WAN.
Klicktv is a leading Exterity authorized Systems Integrator offering complete TV and video distribution solutions built around Exterity IPTV products. Our cost effective solutions cover all aspects of an installation from broadcast signal capture and network consultancy through to displays.
Klicktv also acts as specialist subcontractor to established TV and AV installation companies which wish to offer IPTV products and solutions to their customers.
The Exterity range of TV and video streaming IPTV products is expanding all the time. If you have a requirement which does not appear to be covered by the products listed below, please call.
- Exterity High Performance Chassis (Prodaptor)
is a durable system that benefits from many advanced developments including hot-swap prodaptor modules to accomodate DVB-S/S2/T and MPEG Encoding while a redundant power supply ensures uninterrupted operation of the chassis. The Prodaptor (illustrated) comprises of ten fully customisable PCB slots that can be mounted with a variety of prodaptor modules, equipping any organisation with a strong IPTV solution. These modules are hot-swap capable allowing network managers to replace, or add modules without powering down the entire unit. The Prodaptor system architecture uses a passive backplane.
This provides end-user organisations a robust and reliable live TV
and recorded video distribution system
- Exterity TV gateway DVB-T
comprises dual DVB-T to IP gateways performing IP encapsulation of free-to-air DVB-T MPEG2 streams for streaming over IP networks. RF input. The tridaptor TV gateway (illustrated) packages 3x TVgateways in a 1U rack mount chassis with a common PSU. From a single aerial, this IPTV product enables all Freeview channels to be streamed across your network providing Freeview viewing (subject to administrator control) for every network connected PC and TV.
- Exterity Satellite gateway DVB-S
comprises dual DVB-S to IP gateways performing IP encapsulation of free-to-air or encrypted DVB-S MPEG2 streams for streaming over IP networks. IF input. The tridaptor TV gateway (illustrated) packages 3x TV gateways in a 1U rack mount chassis with a common PSU. This IPTV product enables multiple satellite channels to be streamed across your network providing satellite viewing (subject to administrator control) for every network connected PC and TV without the need for Set Top Boxes.
- Exterity TV gateway DVB-S/T with CAM
captures broadcast television from digital satellite and terrestrial sources and distributes these over a building or campus network. The CAM module extends the functionality to allow the de-scrambling of encrypted channels providing the user has the appropriate card from the broadcaster. The idaptor TVgateway with CAM can deliver channels from 1 DVB transponder which can be either DVB-T or DVB-S.
- Exterity MPEG 2 IP encoder
for MPEG 2 IP encoding of video + audio. Composite video, s-video, RGB inputs. Encoding rates 1Mbps to 14Mbps. Stand-alone and rack mounted options. The tridaptor MPEG 2 IP encoder (illustrated) packages 3x MPEG 2 IP encoders in a 1U rack mount chassis with a common PSU. MPEG2 encoders enable the Audio/Video output from a DVD player, camera, or Set Top Box to be streamed across your data network or LAN.
- Exterity MPEG 2/4 IP PRO encoder
for MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 IP encoding of video + audio. Composite video, s-video, RGB, SDI or ASI inputs, balanced and unbalanced stereo audio inputs. Encoding rates at 128Kbps to 15Mbps with video resolutions from QCIF to D1. Stand-alone (illustrated) and rack mounted options. The tridaptor MPEG 2/4 IP PRO encoder packages 3x MPEG 2/4 IP PRO encoders in a 1U rack mount chassis with a common PSU. The Exterity MPEG2/4 IP encoder interfaces to video and audio signals of various standards and encodes them for transmission across low bandwidth connections (WAN, Internet) or for streaming across your network.
- Exterity IPTV receivers
for the decoding and display of MPEG 2 streams on TV's, projectors and flat-panel displays. Integrated web-browser provides for interactivity, channel selection and simple digital signage. Small size (15cm) for discrete installation. The Exterity IP receiver (illustrated) is available as a Power Over Ethernet (POE) option using phantom power to obviate the need for local mains power. The isocket version of the Exterity IPTV receiver is designed to be flush mounted into a wall or cable trunking and is ideal for classroom and hotel room applications. The Exterity IPTV receiver product is sometimes referred to as an IP Set Top Box (or IP STB)
and is the device which connects TVs to your data network or LAN.
- Exterity triple play IPTV receivers
The Exterity Triple Play IPTV receiver performs the same function as the IPTV Receiver above but incorporates two spare RJ45 network ports for the connection of devices such as IP telephone and laptop. It enables three services – voice, data and image - to be provided via one data network connection. Designed primarily for the hospitality market, the Exterity triple play IPTV receiver
saves on the cost of cabling, data network ports and power
points (with the Power Over Ethernet option).
- Exterity Avedia PC clients
- are a powerful set of software applications that allow PC users to view, listen to and record live or prerecorded streamed TV channels on any network connected PC.
- Easily and quickly access TV, video and radio streams - simply click and view.
- Select and view multiple channels simultaneously.
- Pause and restart live TV
- Record to local PC or network connected storage with indexing
- Timed recording facility
- Exterity isocket manager
- is an SNMP management tool that runs on a Windows XP/ Vista PC. The isocket manager automatically finds all Exterity IPTV products on a network and allows an administrator to organise and manage the system to match the requirements of their installation.
- Exterity IPTV Manager Pro
- is an enhancement of isocket Manager above. It utilises tools for: bulk and individual device configuration; automatic and manual device addition; IR control for display mode status and a more comprehensive device display interface with detailed information on each IPTV product.
- Exterity web management
- each Exterity product runs a web server to allow management of the device through a web browser.
- Exterity SNMP management
- All Exterity IPTV products are managed over the network using SNMP or through a web management interface. SNMP management information for each Exterity IPTV product is available to allow tight integration with the network management systems.
- Exterity Video on Demand
- For Exterity IPTV based VOD products which integrate seamlessly with the above IPTV products go to our Video On Demand section or click here
Contact authorised Exterity Systems Integrator Klicktv to discuss the best Exterity equipment configuration to meet your requirements.